Saturday, November 8, 2008

~~November Hello~~

Hello everyone. Wow, I can't believe it's been over a week since we last visited...I don't know where the time goes. I wish I could tell you I was on a marvelous trip, but I've just been busy...I think that how most everyone is feeling this time of year. This past week is just kind of a blur....flu shot, voting, Gypsy Traders meeting (an antique club), stitching night, lab tests, lunch with a H.S friend and something else but not sure what. I did get all the Halloween goodies away and now I'm moving on to Thanksgiving. Does anyone else decorate for Thanksgiving? I know it is such a short time until we all get busy with Christmas but I love this time of year too.
I have a small turkey collection and I've been unpacking them.

These turkeys are very old and some of my favorites. I love unwrapping them after being packed away for a whole year. They are all so sweet. I oooh and awww over each one trying to settle on a favorite but I just love them all.

I have some very old ones and newer ones too. As I unpack them I just can imagine these little fellas saying it's our turn ...yippee. I'm nearly finished setting them out and will share pictures later this week.
See you soon, hugs, Linda



8 comments:

Monica said...

I decorate a little bit for FALL, lots of garlands and pumpkins and a few scare crows..things of that sort. nothing major though.
Sounds like you have been a busy bee!

Nancy said...

You are the first person I have ever heard of collecting turkeys and boy are they all so cute. Can't wait to see where they all nest. Hope this week goes a little slower for you.
Nancy

ohiofarmgirl said...

Yes, i have a ton of Thanksgving decorations...I love your turkeys!
That being said..this year I had to put all my stuff away early because of a conflict in my schedule but next year I will post all my Thanksgiving decorations too. Dianntha

Dona said...

I am glad I'm not the only one who gets behind in blogging. I really think it is the time of year? Or maybe just no time????

Lovin those turkeys, they remind me of Connie'he collects them too.

They make you smile!!

Dona

Swampgirl said...

Your little turkeys are so cute! I really don't decorate much for Thanksgiving -just the dining room. For some reason I only have a few turkey things. I seem to find pheasants when I'm junking! So for Thanksgiving I use brown/fall colored transferware and pheasants!

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda

I love your decorations!

I'll probably do a little Thanksgiving decorating here at the condo, but not at home, since we will be here at the lake most of Thanksgiving week and some of our family will be here Thanksgiving. I'm gathering up Christmas decor at home but won't really get into it until after Thanksgiving.

Priscilla said...

Hi Linda.. I also enjoy unpacking items that have not been out in years! your turkeys are great you have quite a collection... I am thinking of sharing in Thanksgiving and making a pumpkin pie,

Priscilla x

Lib said...

Hi Linda,
I dec. for fall.LOve those precious little turkey's!
Glad your back ,you were missed!
Have a great wk.
Blessins',Lib