Saturday, November 29, 2008

~~Getting Ready For Christmas~~

Good morning! Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving...I know we did. Yesterday was kind of quiet but I did make a quick trip to Michael's....in and out . Did you do the Black Friday Sales? Every once in awhile I think it would be fun to hit the sales....maybe some day. I really love the hustle and bustle of the holiday shopping, and I'm looking forward to doing that in a few days. Speaking of shopping, is anyone finished? I have some gifts but still more to do. Right now I'm enjoying...... holiday music . I'm listening to Mariah Carey.....I just got this CD and I'm loving all the songs. I almost bought this CD last year but I had already bought a Johnny Mathis one and I try to buy just one new one each year...and that is so hard to do with all the beautiful music out there. While I'm listening to my music I'm putting all Fall and Thanksgiving things away. What a job.........away go the doilies.......
I especially love the tatted one. My granma tatted...I wish I had learned.

Nearly all the turkey's are wrapped and in their crates, I just need
to get these three off the kitchen shelf. Need to get the ladder for that. I really like to stand on a chair but Carl is scared to death I'll fall. And....
must not forget the little candle turkey's. They are resisting being packed away...they go in the extra refrig, I don't think they like the cold but I don't want them to melt.
Well, back to work. After we put all this away I want to do some cleaning and maybe even start putting Christmas out. Have a happy weekend....hugs, Linda



12 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, thanks for showing the tatted doily! What a treasure and how nice that it is in a good, appreciative home! It's never to late to learn! ;)

Andi said...

Hi Linda! I'm so glad your Thanksgiving was wonderful! Ours was as well and now I'm packing away all the fall things and getting our home ready for Christmas. My but the time does seem to fly.

I love holiday music too and always put on a stack of CD's to listen to when I address our Christmas cards. I was thinking of making some cards again this year but the time may run out before I get it done.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Lib said...

Hi Linda,
Love the tatted doily!
I am finished with shopping.I never do Black Fri. Nor do I have a desire to.lol
Happy decorating!
Blessins',Lib

Nancy said...

I wish I could tat also. One thing I never did learn to do. I gave you an award on my blog tonight. We will be waiting for all the new decorations to come out now.
Nancy

Denise said...

I do not do the shopping on Friday,,, I stay at home safe a sound... Plenty of time to shop..... We usually take Friday and Saturday and just sit around... This year was no different.. It is Saturday night and I have not put on any makeup since Thursday! SWEET!!!!

Have a blessed week

Swampgirl said...

I just finished herding the turkeys to the attic. When I came downstairs I found three little rascals that hid from me! Tomorrow I have to go back up to bring down the Christmas boxes anyway!

Attic Clutter said...

Hi Linda~~
Mariah Carey Oh yes wow what a voice huh(:) love her and Whitney Houston too...Oh and Celine too (:) o
thanks on my Christmas decor am just having way too much fun ...looking forward to seeing all of yours ..I agree with you on the Black Friday shopping.. maybe someday ..not now LOL
hugs, Patty

Love Bears All Things said...

No, I don't like the hustle and bustle of holiday shopping. I am esentially finished. I always tried to finish by the end of October but ran late this year. I actually start in January and whenever I see something I think someone on my list would like, I buy it.
On Thursday, I picked out my favorite songs from the Christmas albums on my computer and made a list. Now, whenever I am on, I just let it shuffle play. Of Course when I visited a blog with music on it like yours, I have to scroll down to find your player and mute it. Otherwise I have two playing at once.
Mama Bear

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

Hi, no I did not go out on Black Friday. I bought two weeks worth of groceries to just stay home. My sweetie was off from work, my son home from school and we just had a mini-vacation away from it all...at home!{: I have a tatting shuttle that my husband's (sweetie), grandmother gave to me. I have a book that teaches how to tat. Yet, I have not made myself learn. I love the way tatting looks. Your doiley is pretty. Blessings, Kathleen

Naturegirl said...

You have been a busy lady! No shopping here YET! Time to get busy decorating for Christmas my favorite
time of the year!
I have not played holiday music yet I always wait until Dec. 1st.
Have a wonderful week!

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

You and I are both the same in buying a new Christmas cd each year... I have my eye on the Mariah Carey album as well.

Victoria xx

Rose of Sharon said...

It sounds like a fun cozy day! I love Christmas music too and have too many CDs. I have been enjoying my music on my player on my blog. I can't wait to see your home!

Hugs, Sharon