Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Soup's On


It has been raining most all of today, and cold too. This kind of weather always puts me in the mood for homemade soup. This is Taco Soup, one of our favorites. Not only is it simple to put together, but it is delicious too. I love to serve it with a crusty bread, and green salad. Here is the recipe.
1/2 lb. lean ground beef
1 onion, chopped
2 16-oz cans pinto beans, drained
1 16-oz can red kidney beans, drained
1 16-oz can cut tomatoes
1 16-oz pkg. frozen corn
1 pkg. taco seasoning (I use about 1/2 pkg. for my family)
1 pkg. Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix (dry)
1 1/2 cup water (I like to add another 1/2 cup water as it simmers)
Cook the ground beef and onions, drain. Add remaining ingredients and simmer to blend flavors.
This recipe was originally created by a weight watcher leader, or maybe it was a member, I'm not sure but anyway she used ground turkey. Whichever meat you choose to use you will Enjoy. Linda

18 comments:

Michelle said...

Serve me up a bowl, please! That looks yummy.. I'm going to have to try that, thanks for the recipe.

Andi said...

Sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing your recipe.

Nunnie's Attic said...

Sounds good. But with the way my husband and sons eat chili (or Taco Soup, cause we love it too) I would have to triple this recipe - AT LEAST!

Love,
Julie

Dona said...

Oh, how did you know. I am home from work with a bad case of broncitus, been out a week.That soup is what will do the cure to get me out on Saterday morning. P.S. Pics finally downloaded.

BittersweetPunkin said...

Oh Yum....and its pouring here too...its always raining here actually! LOL
Blessings,
Robin

Teresa said...

That bowl of soup looks so good!
And on another note...I live in Virginia, Please Please send us your rain!!!!

Rosemary said...

Yummy!! I do think it is officially soup weather. I am making some tonight.
Rosemary

Sweet Remembrance said...

I am such a soup girl so this is a must! Sounds yummy...
The weather has been rather dreary here in O.C. too!
Priscilla

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Can I have some? That looks delicious! Thanks for the recipe...
Penny

blessings said...

Ooo, a soup the kids might eat!! I have been thinking about making some pumpkin soup, though I don't know why because I don't even like pumpkin! But wouldn't it be pretty in a carved out pumpkin?! Oh, the madness =) Blessings...POlly

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Oh boy, this looks so good! My recipe has tortilla chips and sour cream - which is not so low fat. I will have to give yours a try. Off now to finish my chicken pot pie. xo, Becky

FarmHouse Style said...

YUMMY! That recipe sounds very tasty, I'll have to give it a try! I made a similar soup tonight because it is rainy and cool here today.

Thanks for stopping by to offer Birthday wishes:)

Rhonda

Monica said...

Hi Linda
Oh that soup sounds delish! I love this time of year.
Thanks for your sweet comments about Sofie , she is doing great now!

kari and kijsa said...

Yummy- sounds delicious! Save a bowl for us!
blessings,
kari & kijsa

Little Penpen said...

My family likes taco soup too. My recipe is very similar to yours.

Mrs. Cherry Heart said...

Mmmmm.... my mouth is watering!
That soup looks yummy!
I am definetely going to make this when we get back from our trip!

October is perfect soup weather!

Enjoy your weekend,
Hugz, Dolly

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing, it is finally soup weather here! Love your blog!

Lallee said...

Yummo! I made vegetable soup this weekend. Tis the season!