Friday, October 12, 2007

Candy Corn and More

Halloween is in the air, most all the decorations are out, a yummy pumpkin candle is burning.....but something is missing. What is it? I know, I need candy corn. Blow out the candle and off to the store for precious candy corn. Hey it can't be all that bad, the bag says it's made with honey. Back home again, light the candle, fill the jar, perfect. Now on to the weekend. Lunch and a little shopping with Lisa on Saturday. Sunday is the WX Street Fair, can't believe a whole month has flown by. The past two weekends we were at fairs too. Here are some of the goodies from them.
. When I was in Placerville I found this sweet table runner and I love the bluebird plate, I'm going to mix it in with the moonstone.
These treasure are from a fair in Lodi. Aren't the little frogs the cutest? I love them with pictures or little cards tucked in them.
Green is my favorite color, I've been collecting green kitchen stuff forever. As soon as I saw this Daisy can opener I knew it had my name on it. Now what to do with it? Ta Da!
A towel holder, I just love to re-purpose anything and everything, now if I could only figure out what to do with the rolling pin I just got, any ideas. Have a sweet weekend, try not to eat too much candy corn. Linda

17 comments:

Andi said...

Love your Halloween Cat PEZ!!! I have that one as well and think he's wonderful!

Esther Sunday said...

Pass over the jar, please... thanks. Love your finds!

Teresa said...

Have a wonderful weekend and thanks for all the pictures. I love the stitching from the previous post.

Justabeachkat said...

I love candy corn, but only Brach's. It's just so addictive though. I keep going back for more.

Hugs!
Kat

Anonymous said...

I don't even care for candy corn but like you, the fall house is not complete without it. I have an old ball jar full of candy corn in the kitchen. Have a super great weekend. ~

rhonda jean said...

hello Linda, I just dropped by to say hello. I saw your photo of the napkin swap so I've saved the photo to add to the others I'll be featuring today. I hope you don't mind.

I love your halloween decorating.

FarmHouse Style said...

Oooo you are a girl after my own heart... I love, love, love candy corn.

Excellent finds:)

Rhonda

Cindy said...

I love that bluebird plate! My parents live near Placerville! I love to look in all the shops there.

Michelle said...

Oh Linda,

Your towel holder is the best! Please pass the candy! It looks like you got some real treasures - Happy Halloween! (Love the towel!)

Scrappy Moments said...

Love Your Decorations, How Darling :)I Love Indian Corn too :)

Angie :)

Back Through Time said...

I have one of those green depression jars!! I love those.
I gave you an award you can pick up over on my blog!
Michelle

blessings said...

Candy corn's always been one of my favorites, even though it makes my teeth hurt =) And your green can opener is amazing!! Blessings... Polly

Priscilla said...

Candy Corn! now I have a little affection for these although I have never tasted them. I see candy corn every where in American films, magazines and blogs! I swore to myself that I would buy some from an international candy retailer, I hope I am not too late to get some!
They are a traditional halloween symbol and they look great in your display.......

Priscilla x

BittersweetPunkin said...

Hi Linda...come visit me...I nominated you for an award.......
Blessings,
Robin

Deb said...

I love the green can opener & your "new" use for it :-}

Anonymous said...

Thanks for coming by to visit. glad we found each other. I always welcome a new friend.

Wanda @ Just Vintage said...

You found some neat things! Love the bluebird plate. Seeing the candy corn, I might have to go buy some. I've already been through one big bag this month and thought I'd made myself sick enough that I wouldn't want any more, but that was two weeks ago. I've forgotten the sick feeling now and am craving it again. Sigh. Just what my backside - and frontside - need.