Sunday, October 28, 2007

Halloween Party

Who is this ? Hee, hee, hee, it's just me. I make a wicked witch don't you think? Last night my honey and I went to a spooktacular Halloween costume party. I can't help it, when I hear costume party I always have to go as a witch. I love smearing all the green stuff on my face, weird eye makeup ,and all that lovely hair....which by the way kept getting in my mouth when I ate. Now that I can do without, but what's a witch to do?
Here's my honey! Put on your sun glasses, this rhinestone cowboy has too much bling, bling.
Enter if you dare. The front yard was transformed into a graveyard and every room in the house was decorated to the max. The decorations were amazing.
Here we are with our hostess with the mostess. Alicia, we had a great time!
Besides having a delicious spaghetti dinner, we had yummy appetizers, the best desserts and lots and lots of candy. I took this 8 layer mexican dip, it's delish. If you haven't ever made it give it a try, you won't be disappointed. Here is the basic recipe.

1 9-ounce can refried beans
1/4 cup picante salsa
1 6-ounce container guacamole dip
1 8-ounce sour cream (I use light sour cream)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese ( I always add more cheese)
1/4 cup sliced green onions
1 small can sliced black olives
1 medium tomato, chopped
large bag restaurant style tortilla chips

Mix together refried beans and picante salsa. (For more fire add a couple of splashes of hot taco sauce to this mixture) Spread mixture about 1/4 inch thick on a plate or platter.

Next layer guacamole dip and sour cream. Top with cheese, green onions, olives, and chopped tomatoes. Cover and chill for a couple hours. Serve with chips, and enjoy.

I'm not casting any spells today just witching you a happy day. Linda

27 comments:

Esther Sunday said...

Gosh, Linda, you are pretty even dressed up like a witch! Love, Esther

Scrappy Moments said...

The Party Looks so fun :) You looked so Cute, Sounds like you had a Blast, I love your friends Blue Hair Too. Thank You for The yummy Recipe too :)

Angie

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

That looked like it was so much fun! What a wonderful hostes to do so much work, I'm sure she must of enjoyed decorating all the rooms. Oh and I'm hungry just looking and reading about all the food.
Have a wonderful day
ginger

Rosemary said...

What fun Linda!!
You look great in your costume. A very pretty witch.
I just got back from the wedding weekend. My first photos are on my blog.
Thanks for the recipe.
Rosemary

Monica said...

Looks like a FUN FUN time and the dip sounds delish! Thanks for sharing the recipe :)

Little Penpen said...

What a pretty witch! Looks like you had a great time. YOur mexican dip looks yummy. I've made that before and LOVE it!

BittersweetPunkin said...

I LOVE it!! That looks like great fun and I love your yard!
Blessings,
Robin

Lallee said...

You really are scary looking! Well, until I got to the pic with you smiling you were ;-)

Lisa Johnson said...

thanks for stopping by my blog for a visit. Your party looked so much fun. We are boring and never dress up for Halloween.

Lisa

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

What great costumes! The dip you made sure looks YUMMY!

Thanks for stopping by to see me and for your nice comment about my WOW finds...I agree, everyone should have a WOW store...believe me, when you walk in to the store, you do say WOW!

Teresa said...

You guys look so cute! What great Halloween decorations! The dip looks great and thanks for giving the recipe.

Teresa

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

ROFL!!!!!! I was listening to the guitar music and scrolled down and there is your hubby with a youck-a-lay-lee...I don't know how that is spelled!!! The party looks great and so does your dish! That is my favorite thing to make and take to eat.

xo,
Becky

Anonymous said...

Ha, you look pretty good for a witch!

blessings said...

Our dear Glenda of the East... =) As Oscar the Grouch would say, "You look yucky" but, of course, he likes yucky so it's a compliment. Blessings... Polly

Anonymous said...

You looked like a sweet witch!

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

Now that looks like a fun time!
You all look great dressed up in your costumes!
:)

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Hi Linda!
You guys looked great! How fun to dress up and party!!

Thanks for the recipe!
Penny

Michelle said...

Linda,

You make a great witch! That husband of yours looks good too - he must be a character! Did he put on a concert? I bet you cast a spell on him!

kari and kijsa said...

We are still spellbound at how yummy that dip looks! How bewitching of you to tempt us with such tasties!!!

blessings,
kari & kijsa

Alison Gibbs said...

looks like you had a fun time at the party. Love the costumes!
Alison

violetlady said...

I did a double take when I saw your picture. I went to a Halloween party on Saturday night and there was a witch there who looked just like you! Do all witches look alike? (ha,ha)

Deb said...

Looks like you had such a great time at the Halloween Party - what fun! The 8-layer mexican dip looks fantastic - I will copy down the recipe :-}

Unknown said...

Your dip sounds absolutely delicious. I am going to give it a try for our family Christmas get together.

The party looks like a lot of fun. I hope you enjoyed yourself.

Thanks for dropping by my blog.

Chery said...

Hey Linda,
It's great meeting you. I tried to reply to your comment on my blog, but it did'nt work. I love your costume. Have fun treat or treating!! Chery:)

Nunnie's Attic said...

So glad you had fun at your party! Funny what draws you to being a witch is what repels me from being one. I can't stand all that make-up on my face. By the end of the evening I would have little scratches in the paint from my fingernails.

HA!
Love,
Julie

FarmHouse Style said...

Oh, what fun! I love your costumes:)
Thanks for the recipe! It looks delicious.

Hope you have a Happy Halloween.

Rhonda

Priscilla said...

Oooooo you transformed into a witch! Looks like you had a great party! You both looked great..... That yard is amazing!

Priscilla x