Thursday, May 28, 2009

~ Good Morning ~

Morning everyone. I can't believe it's Thursday already and the weekend is just around the corner. I hope everyone had a nice holiday, we did. We had bar-b-ques and went to the houseboat one day and Saturday Lisa and I went to the movies. We saw Angels and Demons.......I really enjoyed it, there is some violence which I don't enjoy but if I think something icky is going to happen I just look away or close my eyes and I must admit I did this more than once during the movie. I love Tom Hanks and I thought he was great. Have you read the book or seen the movie? I've heard the movie really doesn't follow the book...what do you think?
I just finished the fourth book in the Ladies of Covington...it was so good. I'm ready to take a trip to my little used book store and hopefully they will have the fifth book, if not Barnes and Noble here I come. Until then.....
I'm reading Fern Michaels latest in the vigilante series...I've just started it and it's going to be good. That's the latest here...see you soon. hugs, Linda


9 comments:

Attic Clutter said...

HI Linda...
OH the houseboat(:) you lucky girl you ~~!!
Tell again what did you break..sorry I forgot..
Tomorrow I will probably be told how much longer till I can walk__OR take a BB Bath -LOL
will post..
big hugs, Patty

Nancy said...

Hi Linda:
I didn't read Angels and Demons. I did read the first one. I like Fern Michaels, and I have read all of the Covington series. I just read a Debbie Macomber, the lady was called Mrs. Miracle by the kids in the book. It was really cute. I just started a book of an author I never read before. I will put them both on my blog soon.
Have a good day.
Nancy

Love Bears All Things said...

No, haven't read the book or seen the movie yet. Is it a sequel? I do want to see it but Star Trek is first on my list, right now. I have two Netflix movies but the DVD player in the living room isn't hooked up and I don't want to watch the one in the guest room. I guess I'll watch one on the computer tonight.
I've read all the Covington books. I don't want to part with them or I'd send it to you.
The week has been short. I'm so happy Honey Bear is coming home instead of staying over in Memphis.
He'll be a big help but we'll find time to play, too.
Mama Bear

ohiofarmgirl said...

Linda, I recently bought two new books but have not started either one...you put me to shame. Dianntha

Betty said...

I want to go see Angels and Demons. I read the book and I also love Tom Hanks. Did you see the Da Vinci Code?
I was just telling my hubby that I would love to have a boat. I'd be at the lake every weekend. Just one of those party barges would do for me! A houseboat would be even better!

Denise said...

Hey girl........ Have missed you TOOOOOOOOOOO be back in a couple of days!

Kathi said...

Linda, You lucky girl, to be able to find the time to read. Or, maybe you are clever at sneaking moments to read. I love reading and have not read a really good book for awhile. I think you've inspired me. Kathi

Priscilla said...

Hi Linda, I read angels and demons last year and enjoyed it, not sure if i am going to see the film or not yet. yes, I joined the spooky Stitchers Sal. I have just added the piece I am stithing, the blog is for anyone just to show what halloween theme pieces we are all working on, fun! ... Hope the sun is shining where you are, we are just starting to enjoy some here! lol

Rose of Sharon said...

I'm not much of a reader, but I heard that's a good one and that the movie is really good too. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'm like you, I don't like the violence and look away!

Have a great weekend!

xox Sharon