Saturday, May 16, 2009

~ Carl's 50th High School Class Reunion ~

Hi everyone. This weekend we are celebrating Carl's 50th high school class reunion. Oh my gosh, time has flown. All the the events are at the Double Tree Hotel...it is just a wonderful place. Last night was the get acquainted mixer....
Here we are just leaving for the evening, which was so much fun. Lots and lots of people and lots and lots of catching up too. It was a very happy evening seeing old friends that you had lost contact with through the years and renewing old friendships. Tonight is the dinner dance, there's going to be entertainment and a silent auction too, what a nice evening has been planned. Sunday is the farewell brunch and a remembrance honoring classmates who are no longer with us...just thinking about that make me sad but I'm glad we will be doing that.

Hope you have a nice weekend...hugs, Linda

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a truly memorable weekend. You two look very beautiful in the picture. Maybe you can share more pics of all the activities. Enjoy!

Feedsack Fantasy said...

Have a fantastic weekend. Gorgeous pics of you both.

We went to only (1) reunion. It was a 'joint' of a 4 yr group of classes. That was nice, but I never had a desire to go back in time or to even reminisce what was behind us.

TTFN ~ Marydon

Love Bears All Things said...

Sounds like lots of fun but you don't tell what town or high school.
Mama Bear

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

My first husband was class of 59. It's hard to believe it's been 50 years!

You look great!!

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

That sounds like a fantastic weekend.

I hope you both enjoy yourselves.

Victoria xx

BittersweetPunkin said...

Oh Linda, that picture of the 2 of you is just lovely.

I haven't been to any of my reunions, isn't that terrible? I guess if I lived close then it may be a possibility. For me it would be my 25th...seems like yesterday sometimes!

I hope you are enjoying your weekend!
Hugs,
Robin

violetlady said...

Wow - 50 years. My next one will be 50 also. Our 45th had a very poor showing. I like having a weekend event with several get togethers. I just started a memorial on Facebook for those in my class who have passed away. It is so sad.

Lib said...

Hi Linda,
What a Lovely weekend!:o)
Hope ya'll have a wonderful time!
Blessins',Lib

Kelli said...

You both look wonderful and I hope you had a fun time!
~Kelli

Nancy said...

It does seem that time flies by. You two make a beautiful couple, glad you had a fun time.
Nancy

Eggs In My Pocket said...

How blessed you both are to be able to go to the 50th! Hope you had a wonderful time! Blessings,Kathleen