Wednesday, May 13, 2009

~ An Anniversary and New Stitchies ~

Hi everyone! Tonight is our stitching get together...I just checked my 2008 calendar and yesterday was the one year anniversary of our group. We need to celebrate. We've had the best time stitching together, here is our fourth completed stitchie. I think it's very dear...it's hard for me to choose a favorite. I just love them all. The little puppy, to me, looks like my Lily so I made her collar pink instead of the blue as charted.
This is the stitchie we are starting tonight. We are all anxious to begin Yule Sampler. Plus we are all going to be stitching........
A Quaker Christmas...it's just a wonderful piece. We have a plan, each month, 3 of the evenings we will work on Yule Sampler, plus have homework and on the 4th stitching evening we will stitch on A Quaker Christmas, plus 3hrs a week stitching homework on it. Sounds complicated but it's really easy peasy and working together it's going to be great......well I best get busy. I've missed visiting these past few days but hope to catch up tomorrow. Until then....hugs, Linda


17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like so much fun! Beautiful projects.

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

It sounds such fun in your stiching group.

Come and visit me at my new blog!

Victoria xx

Love Bears All Things said...

You've picked such neat projects. Are they kits?
It doesn't seem like a year. I know you can see improvement in your work over last year. I think I'm getting better, also.
Mama Bear

Michelle said...

Yippee!! A year ~ I didn't realize how fast time flies.. I've got my bag packed - get ready, here I come! Don't forget though, I MUST be home in time for American Idol! :)

Michelle

P.S. I think my favorite stitch is our first..

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

A lovely "Bless Our Home" stitchery.
:)
~Becca~

Marydon said...

Have a 'stitching good time'. TTFN ~ Marydon

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

It looks like a wonderful project...I like that...easy peasy!

Stay Cozy, Carrie

joyh82 said...

That sounds like such a fun group!
Have a great weekend Linda!

BittersweetPunkin said...

Hi Linda, popping in to wish you a wonderful weekend!!

The sun is finally shining here!
Hugs,
Robin

Carole Burant said...

How wonderful that you're able to get together with these ladies for some stitching...it's always more fun when you can spend time doing something you love with others who enjoy it as well:-) Your new projects sound delightful!! Enjoy every minute:-) xoxo

Nancy said...

Linda,
Your finish is wonderful. I love the design. The new one looks very hard to do. Good luck on it and glad you are having fun with your friends.
Nancy

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Your group always sounds like so much fun and how much I wish I could come along and stitch with you! Do you all keep a scrapbook? How long have you had this group? It just sounds so wonderful! blessings,Kathleen

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Sorry, I realized you have had the group for a year afer I hit the publish button. Can you tell I stayed up way too late last night stitching??? Blessings,Kathleen

Kathi said...

What a fun group of ladies you must be. I'd love to be involved with your group and doing these beautiful projects. I know very little about stitching, but I have a little beginner kit, which I hope to start soon. Yours is so pretty and I love the little dog. Kathi

Jackie said...

It sounds as if your stitching group is a lot of fun.

The projects you finish and work on are absolutely gorgeous.

Hey, if the dog looks like your Lily, I don't blame you for changing the collar colour : ).

God bless.

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Linda,

That is awesome that you have a group of ladies that have been stitching for 4 years!!!
Your needlework is lovely.
Have a great weekend.
Deb :)

Unknown said...

The projects are lovely. Your stitching group sounds really nice.

It looks like you and hubby really enjoyed that 50th reunion in the next 2 posts! :)