Wednesday, January 12, 2011

~ Lunch And A Sweetie ~

Hi everyone! The Johnson Girls, as I call our "group"~~friends from high school, got together for lunch this week at the Riverside Cafe. It was great seeing everyone and catching up with each others news. Here we are...starting in the lower left corner....Sharon (pink sweater), Jeanie, Susan, Marcia, me, Judy, Janet and Ann. The picture was taken with my i-Phone that's why it's a little dark...sorry about the quality, but at least it a remembrance of our happy get together...
Look at the darling nest Marcia brought me...she found it abandoned in an arrangement on her porch. It is very delicate and the construction is amazing, very intricate When..
you turn it over look at the darling little flowers the mama bird found and added to her little home. This is why I collect bird nests...they are just little treasures, each so very different and I think each made with love...
Marcia, thank you for this little sweetie, I love it.....hugs, Linda


Note~I think you can click on the pictures to enlarge.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda, What a great time you ladies must have had at this lunch reunion. I did not remember that you collect birds' nests. This is truly a very sweet one today. My blog friend in WA state, KathyB, also collects birds' nests ~ you might enjoy visiting her blog at
http://cedarpond.blogspot.com/
Hope you are feeling well and enjoying the new year.

Lib said...

How Wonderful ya'll get together !:o)
What a sweet Bird Nest! How neat even Mama birds wants a Sweet Dec. nest for their Babies:o)
We are still snowed in here.
Have aGreat wk.
Blessins',Lib

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

Isn't it fun to get together with friends - esp when they know you so well and bring such a thoughtful gift.

Victoria xx

GailinVirginia said...

Linda, how lovely you still meet with your high school friends...we moved around a lot so not a good chance for special bonding.
The bird nest is so sweet...and it did enlarge for me to see the little flowers mama bird added and yes I think with love:)

Hugs,
~Gail

Siobhán said...

Oh, how fun to get together with friends that you've known for a long time. What a treasure that you're able to do that! I keep in contact with only one of my childhood friends now--so sad to think it's just one. I guess that's what happens when we move away from our home place, but still sad.

What a beautiful bird's nest!

Priscilla said...

Hi Linda, What a lovely birds nest, I dont think I have ever seen one up close. So clever those little birdies... I think its lovely you still keep in touch with school friends, and can chat about fond memories.

Priscilla x

Michele said...

Looks like you ladies had a wonderful lunch. So special to keep in touch with high school friends :)

Love the bird's nest!