Monday, January 26, 2009

~ Valentine Garland ~

Hi everyone. Here is my Valentine garland I made over the weekend. These garlands are so fun to do and easy too. You saw the fabric strips I had cut, well you need to cut a bunch of them....1" wide by 7" long. After you've cut your strips just tie them onto a piece of twine and then embellish... I added some heart cookie cutters for fun, but the skies the limit, but you really don't need to add anything. These garlands are pretty on their own. The little yellow shelf is in my kitchen and is hanging over the arch way into our family room. Speaking of my kitchen let me show you my newest nesting chick.
The is the first black chick I've ever seen, he was a Christmas gift from Carl. I love him! Check out the watermelon slices on the left (click on the picture) the seeds are hearts, too cute. I found the black pepper shaker ...
and this sweet rug a couple of weeks ago at the WX Peddlers Faire. It's a little frayed on one edge but that just adds to it's charm. Have a happy day...tonight is SAL...I think everyone has their homework done...and that's a good feeeling. Oh, before I go I wanted to tell you I found the garland idea on sweet Sharon's blog...she has the neatest ideas....go by for a visit, you are sure to enjoy. Until we chatter again...hugs, Linda



24 comments:

Unknown said...

The garland is adorable! Look at you getting all ready for Valentine's day! You're an inspiration to me to get my place organized so I can decorate for all the different holidays. I love to do it! :)

Love Bears All Things said...

Very festive!
Mama Bear

Teresa said...

Beautiful garland and heart rug!!

Love Bears All Things said...

Linda, I am starting on the 2009 circle journal and I don't seem to have your information. I need your snail mail addy, your Birthdate, and your email. Send it to samibear@gmail.com
Thanks,
Mama Bear

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

I love the garland, and the rug,it brings back memories years ago I made a heart shape rug. I wonder what ever happen to it!
Have a wonderful day,
Ginger

Love Bears All Things said...

Also, could you send a short profile of yourself for the front of the book?
Mama Bear

Denise said...

you make me want to go and decorate something.....! You have a gift girl friend!

Nancy said...

I love that garland. The cookie cutters add just the right touch. It is great. The rug is neat. I bet it was hand chrocheted too. The little chick is a nice gift from your husband. You are all ready for Valentine's Day.
Nancy

Anonymous said...

I love the garland, Linda!

I've never seen a black hen on nest either. It's wonderful!

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

Hi Linda, I just love it all! I have not even started decorating for Valentine's day...you are inspiring! blessings, Kathleen

Rose of Sharon said...

That turned out so beautiful! You did an excellent job! I love that black chicken! You need to show more pictures of your kitchen, you have AMAZING things!!!!

Hugs,Sharon

P.S. Thank you for mentioning my blog today! :0)

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

What a fantastic garland, well done.

Victoria x

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda, I have never seen a black hen on a nest either but I love her. I love a touch of black in a decorating scheme anyway. That's a lot of strips to cut for that Valentine garland. It's so cute!

Heidi said...

What an adorable garland! It sounds like it was so easy to make. I might have to try this someday.

The black chick is so pretty and I love the rag rug. I want to try making one myself. I have been wanting to for ages but just need to find the time between all my stitching and quilting. :)

Hugs ~
Heidi

Crafts a la Mode said...

Hi, I'm Linda, too. I really like the garland. My husband and I have been married for 43 years. I guess there are still some of us around. :) Take care, Linda

http://twosucculentsisters.blogspot.com/

Michelle said...

You are ready for Valentine's! Love the garland, especially with the cookie cutters. I've never seen a black nesting chicken, very pretty!

Have a great day!

Michelle

Sweetie said...

Hi Linda, Your Valentine garland is oh so pretty. I am going to check out Sharon's blog. Thanks for sharing. Also, the heart shaped rug is precious and the black chick is unique - I love both.
Hugs,
Sweetie

BittersweetPunkin said...

Linda I love that rag rug too! So pretty in the shape of a heart!

Hugs,
robin

Attic Clutter said...

Hi Linda..
Oh I love the fabric garland ..so cute~!
and that heart rug too..

thanks on my stuff(:) am just having so much fun
I love each and every holiday --like you..
WE are forever young~!!
hugs, Patty

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

That garland is wonderful! One day I'm going to try one :0) What a nice little chick ;0). I'll bet your enjoying him lots and the watermelon is too cute!!!

Rosemary said...

Such a cute garland!!
Great job!
Rosemary

Anonymous said...

Look at you Linda with all your cute Valentine things! Love the sweet garland!

Kathy b

joyh82 said...

Oh I love the valentine garland! What a cute idea! Have a great time
Super bowl Sunday :)

Priscilla said...

Your house is looking so sweet and valentine'y!!! Great garland, it looks lovely..