Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving Is Over~Here Comes Christmas

Good morning everyone. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving, I hope your day was happy too. We talked with our dear relatives in Texas...we miss them so much but it was great visiting with them. Getting ready for dinner now, oh dear I think I need more room, better take the centerpiece off. Oh, Honey this looks yummy. Let me find a place for it. Dinner was delicious. We all love turkey, but we each have our favorite dishes too.Lisa loves the stuffing, for Carl it's stuffing,mashed potatoes and gravy and mine is the stuffing. Tonight we are going to enjoy wonderful leftovers. I love you both too.
Who's ready for dessert? I am for sure. We usually make our pies, but this year my dear friend Marie made them for us. They look so good.
For dessert I'm using sweet depression glass plates, a birthday gift form my friend Brenda. Everything tastes so good on special dishes.
Hey, hey, what's happening? Why are we all on the table? Don't worry, we are going to be wrapped in tissue and packed away until next November, then we'll be back, but now it's time to think about Christmas. Oh, okay...just as long as we get to come back.

Well, I do need to get busy . Christmas is just around the corner and I'm starting to decorate today.

If your shopping today, hope you found lots of bargains, decorating...enjoy and for dinner tonight you are having yummy leftovers. Linda

13 comments:

Debra from Bungalow said...

Hi Linda, Thank you for the nice comments you left at my blog. I'm so glad you visited.
You have a wonderful collection of turkeys. They are not so easy to find, I only have a set of turkey candle holders. Everything looks so inviting! So glad you had a nice Thanksgiving, DebraK

Esther Sunday said...

Linda, you are so precious! Your Thanksgiving looked warm, inviting and yummy!

Anonymous said...

The aprons are cute.I also love the table.

Nan said...

That pie looks yummy.
Nan

bj said...

Your Thanksgiving looked great..just as our's was.
bj

Andi said...

Linda, I love, love, love all your turkeys!!! It was fun to see them all grouped together on your table. And your table looks lovely as well all prepared for the Thanksgiving feast.

I'm glad you had a wonderful day.

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Hi Linda,
Your Thanksgiving looks wonderful! Glad you could share it with us :-)
Penny

FarmHouse Style said...

Ooo, it all looks so yummy!

I love the turkey aprons:)

Have fun decorating.

Rhonda

kari and kijsa said...

Looks like a wonderful Thanksgiving with family and friends!

Have a very blessed day!

smiles, kari and kijsa

Rosemary said...

Hi Linda,
So glad you had a great Thanksgiving!! I did too!
I didn't go shopping. I spent the last 2 days decorating.
Can't wait to see your decorations.
Visit me soon,
Rosemary

Cottage Contessa said...

I'm happy to hear that you had a lovely Thanksgiving with your family, and I can't wait to see your Christmas decorations!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda, I think the stuffing is my most favorite part of the meal too. I finally just learned how to make it just like Mom did. There's one little bit left that I hid in the frig. for my lunch tomorrow. :)

Little Penpen said...

Everything looks wonderful... love your aprons!