Thursday, February 5, 2009

Valentines And Flea Market Friday

I've just fallen in love with little vintage Valentine cards. I purchased this one on Flea Market Friday from Michelle at Back Through Time and it is just so sweet. For a better look at these darling images you can click on any of the pictures. On the back , written in pencil and just barely visible, it reads...To Grandma...From, Helen Sanderson...I love it she signed her last name.
Michelle also sent me surprise Valentine treasures..this darling little card. Don't you just love her hat and muff and look at the precious kissing cupids
These little cards tucked here and there just make me smile. Oh, did you notice the initial charm? Michelle crafted this. It's made from a vintage Anagram game piece, on the back is a small carved basket of flowers and the ribbon is also vintage. What is so cool I can wear my charm as a necklace or I can turn it into a pin. Michelle, thank you for these surprises...you are a dear friend. Besure to visit Michelle, she has a wonderful blog, but also check out her shops listed on her sidebar....there are so many goodies. Have a fun Friday....hugs, Linda


15 comments:

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

I just love vintage cards as well! Yours look lovely! blessings,Kathleen

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

What lovely vintage cards, we don't tend to find many in the UK and if you do they're quite pricey but when I do see them I snap them up.

Victoria xx

Heidi said...

I love your cards. I have a few reproductions and they are fun to use at this time of year. I am off to take some photos of my Valentine's tree as it is high time I posted it on my blog, don't you think?

Hugs ~
Heidi

Nancy said...

Those valentines are so cute. I am going to visit her blog. I love the holder you use to stand the cards up. Hope your day is going well.
Nancy

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

I love Valentine's.

Attic Clutter said...

Hi Linda..

oh thank you on my sheepies(:)

Your Valentines are darling..
LOVE anything Vintage an especially cards..
have a fun Friday ..
hugs, Patty

joyh82 said...

I sent my Mom a vintage card I found at Walmart. She loved it. I just think they are so cute and I love the one's you found.

Swampgirl said...

Those are such sweet Valentines! I looked at some this week at one of my favorite junk/antique stores. They were $28 and $39 !!!You did well!

Back Through Time said...

I am so glad you liked your Valentine surprises!! Thanks for the phone call~I really enjoy our chats!
Have a great weekend and let me know what you find at the peddlers fair!
Hugs,
Michelle

Denise said...

I so wish I had my old Valentines from my youth......... I remember how I would go through them over and over........ Big envelopes with lots of cards!!!!!

I love your vintage look! I am going vintage this summer.....Changing from country a bit.. but adding some vintage....

Betty said...

Linda! I just sent you an email. Thank you so much for the beautiful needle threader and scissor fob! I will treasure them!
I love those little valentines too. I love how you display them in your flower frogs. I could kick myself every time I think about the flower frogs I sold in a yard sale years ago. What was I thinking!?

Carole Burant said...

Such beautiful vintage Valentine cards and I'm so glad they've found a good home:-) I just checked out Michelle's blog and Flea Market, she does indeed have gorgeous items for sale!! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Love the cards and I love how you have them displayed!

Erin said...

I love vintage valentine's too! yours are really great! please visit my blog for my give away if you have a moment!

Anonymous said...

I love that idea! Thank you for posting it! It's a beautiful tree and makes my heart smile as well. :)